A Chamber Membership is an Investment in Your Business
The South Surrey White Rock Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit, membership-based organization with the core mission of being the voice of business and the heart of the community. Serving the community since 1937, the Chamber supports, advocates for, connects and promotes its members and the local community. Your membership is more than just a doorway to the region's leading business network – it is also an opening to unique marketing opportunities, connection with community leaders, access to exclusive benefits and resources, and more! A Chamber membership is not only an investment in your business but also in your local business community.
Join the Chamber if you said "YES" to any of these questions!
- Do you own or work at a business or non-profit in South Surrey or White Rock?
- Are you interested in increasing your bottom line with discounts to business services like employee benefits, gas cards, payment processing, etc.?
- Would you like access to unique marketing opportunities and events?
- Do you want to connect with other business and community leaders and receive referrals?
- Do you believe in the importance of supporting the local business community?
- Do you have a business outside of the community and want to promote your services to residents and other businesses in the area?
Sign up for our newsletter, follow us on social media and join as a member.
Visit the Online Membership Application.
Top Reasons to Join the Chamber
- Access Chambers Plan Employee Benefits: Canada’s #1 plan to protect and retain employees with comprehensive group benefits including extended health, dental, life, disability and critical illness insurance. Also access Business Assistance Service to help with challenges faced by small business owners by providing one-on-one advice from a team of specialists in accounting, counselling, legal and human resources
- Receive Discounts to Valuable Business Services: Increase your bottom line and efficiency by accessing savings to many business services.
- Use Innovative Marketing Opportunities: Access cost effective resources to promote your businesses. Including Featured E-Blasts, Social Media promotions, sponsorship of in-person and virtual events, Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, referral opportunities and much more.
- Attend Unique Networking Events: Enjoy opportunities to connect with other like-minded business and community leaders throughout the year.
- Get Featured on the Local Business Directory: Get on the Chamber's high-traffic and trusted local business directory with a free enhanced listing and significantly improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Participate in 'Support Local' Campaigns: The Chamber organizes and supports numerous campaigns to encourage spending at local businesses.
- Receive Valuable Informational Updates: The Chamber shares timely information on new and changing government policies impacting businesses.
- Benefit from Advocacy: The Chamber works with municipal, provincial and national business and political leaders and organizations to address issues impacting local businesses. The Chamber is also an active member of the BC Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce, which connects us to an even stronger network of resources and business advocacy.
- Community Leadership: The Chamber is a trusted, non-partisan leader in the community, bringing together and collaborating with various partners to host, support and promote community forums, special events, all-candidates forums for elections and more.
- Chamber membership is 100% tax deductible.
Visit the Online Membership Application.
Chamber Member Benefits
Receive access and discounts to valuable Business Services to increase your bottom line and efficiency. Receive savings to many services:
- Chambers Plan Employee Benefits offers comprehensive insurance for businesses up to 50 employees, including sole-proprietors
- Gas discount programs
- Credit and debit processing
- Payroll services
- Easy-to-use marketing tools
- Hotel and car rentals
- Whistler 48-hour Club
- Export and Import document certification
- And many more!
See the full list of benefits on the Member Benefits Page.
As the leading business network for the peninsula, the South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce messaging reaches many businesses and community stakeholders and our updates are a valuable source of information about what is happening in the region.
Do you want to:
- Share your services to a broader business audience
- Make an important announcement
- Celebrate an award or business anniversary
- Share a special upcoming event or promotion
- Tell your business story
Here are some opportunities we are making available for businesses to help with promotions. There is a nominal cost for each opportunity.
- Dedicated Business E-Blast & Social Media Messaging
Sign up for a dedicated e-blast to feature your business and services to over 2000 newsletter subscribers with an open rate of 45% (30% higher than the industry average). Business gets a dedicated social media post on all Chamber channels to feature services to complement the dedicated e-blast.
- Social Media Marketing
Receive a dedicated social media post as a complement to the E-blast. Members can also tag the Chamber on their own posts and promotions and the Chamber team will do its best to share it through our channels.
- Business Mixers (In-Person)
Sign up to host an in-person mixer at your place of business with the Chamber network and community leaders. Business is showcased and representatives have the opportunity to speak to all guests with a presentation, tour and/or demo of their business. Chamber creates invitation and shares it through all Chamber marketing channels.
- Unique Sponsorship Opportunities of Special Chamber Events
The Chamber hosts numerous events throughout the year in which sponsorship opportunities at various levels are available with valuable perks and benefits.
- Chamber Chat Business Feature (Virtual)
Sign up to host a virtual meeting with the Chamber network and community leaders. Business is showcased via a virtual presentation, demo and/or tour. Chamber creates invitation and shares it through all Chamber marketing channels.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
If your business is holding a grand opening or unveiling, the Chamber can help advertise and facilitate a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate. Members who wish to take advantage of this opportunity can expect the following:
- Promotion of your event via the Chamber's emailed updates, website, and social media where applicable
- Creation of event poster, with overview of design, layout consultation, and editing provided by the Chamber team
- 8 feet worth of ribbon and large pair of shears for official ribbon cutting
The Chamber is currently offering special rates for Chamber Members due to COVID-19. Please contact the Chamber team for pricing and details by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 604-536-6844.
Role of the Chamber Through the Pandemic
- Hosted over 100 virtual events, including Community Town Halls, business courses, networking and informational sessions, all-candidates forums, business excellence awards.
- Sent valuable and timely updates on government policies, grant opportunities, and much more.
- Invested over $150,000 back directly to local businesses through the ‘Support Local’ campaign and marketing initiatives, especially to the hardest hit sectors like restaurants, gyms, yoga studios and the arts.
- Played an integral advocacy role at each level of government - we are also connected to the strong provincial and national network of over 350 Chambers which represent over 200,000 businesses.
- View this special acknowledgement of the Chamber from local MP Kerry-Lynne Findlay.
If you have any questions regarding Membership with the South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce or would like to schedule time to connect, please call or email the Chamber team.
Phone: (604) 536-6844