The South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic non-profit organization that supports, promotes, and advocates for businesses across the peninsula, serving the community since 1937! The role of the Chamber has never been more critical because of the impact of the pandemic to local businesses. The Chamber is seeking to hire for multiple roles to join the Chamber team.
Roles: Marketing & Events Coordinator and Office Assistants
Duties shared among staff:
Contacting and interacting with Chamber members and businesses in the community
Updating the Chamber database
Social media management and content creation
Developing digital and print marketing material
Event planning and execution
Helping with special projects
Overall office management
Seeking full time availability but there might be flexibility with part time hours
Marketing & Events Coordinator is required immediately
Regular office hours are 9AM-4PM Monday to Friday
Sometimes evening and weekend work is required depending on events or special projects
One of the positions will be funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program which stipulates certain criteria for the applicant, including an age of 15-30 years
Based on employee’s past experience
If position becomes a full-time role, employee will have access to the Chamber’s employee insurance benefits following a probationary period
Skills required for successful applicants:
- A team player who is honest, flexible, hard-working with a positive outlook on life
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Organized and detail oriented
- Sales skills and comfortable with cold calls
- Able to multi-task and track several projects
- Experience with standard office programs (ex. Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom)
- Familiarity with Canva and ChamberMaster is an asset
- Having access to your own laptop and vehicle is an asset. Working remotely and going out into the community to meet/speak with businesses may be a component of this job
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter or video introduction AND resume to the attention of Ritu Khanna, Executive Director.
To submit applications, please email email@example.com
. For questions, call the Chamber office at 604-536-6844.
The application deadline is Monday, January 24, 2022.