The Get Youth Working! Program has been extended to March 31st, 2013 and the hiring incentive has been increased to $2,800!
This Program, funded through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement, offers employers a $2,800 hiring incentive (up to 3 employees at $2,800 each) to hire eligible youth 15 to 29 years of age. Additionally, employers may request up to $1,000 to purchase training for the newly hired youth.
The Program is open to all BC employers and youth if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
• In business for a minimum of one year
• In good standing with WorkSafeBC
• Must employ new hire for a minimum of 3 months and 30 hours/week
• Employers will not qualify if employee is hired prior to GYW Funding Agreement signing
NEW HIRE Criteria:
• Unemployed, 15 – 29 years of age
• Has not applied for EI, not currently receiving and must not have received EI within the past 36 months; or 60 months for a parental claim
• Not a full-time student or returning to school
• Is a resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
• Not be participating in another Canada/British Columbia Labour Market Agreement funded program
To find out more about the Program, please visit www.getyouthworking.ca or call toll-free 1-877-866-3100.