ARTISANS AND CRAFTERS ARE BACK!
MUSIC is back!
Each week a talented local musician will entertain while you shop.
ADVANTAGES OF SHOPPING LOCALLY
In a nutshell, most farmers' market customers come to the markets for the superior quality and freshness, unusual varieties, and a chance to support local agriculture and meet the farmers who grow their food. If you can get much higher quality at a competitive price, you're getting a lot better value for your money!
Top Reasons to Visit Your Farmers' Market Regularly:
- Taste local or regional and hence fresher, food.
- Enjoy mouth-watering, tasty, delicious foods that are available in-season only.
- Buy a variety of specialty foods that will impress your dinner guests.
- Discover a wide variety of "new" specialty products that offer new tastes and flavours.
- Enjoy foods produced with fewer chemicals thus protecting your health and the environment.
- Support farmers who are committed to the humane treatment of animals.
- Seek out foods produced in a unique way.
- Meet the farmer who grows your food and ask them for details on how the product was produced.
- Pick up some cooking tips and recipes from Chefs and Producers.
- Purchase foods at the market and support the future of family farms and food security in British Columbia.
- Reduce your carbon-imprint by walking or cycling to your community farmers' market.
- Connect with your neighbours and community.
Just remember to bring your biodegradable shopping bag to the market, relax, meet friends, enjoy the entertainment and the experience of shopping for foods that reflect the authenticity of British Columbia's farms.
We will have approximately 90 vendors each week contained within the Miramar Plaza and Russell Avenue street closure. Find us at the Whaling Wall.
As previous, free parking is available underground at the White Rock Community Centre, and on-street. Free parking is also available in the City's parking lot on the corner of Russell and Johnston next to the Coast Capital Theatre.
We look forward to another successful season and want to thank our Farmers’ Market community for their continuing support throughout our 20+ years serving the Semiahmoo Peninsula.
We all look forward to seeing you!